The Power of Relationships

The past couple of weeks I've been thinking a lot about the power that relationships with other people can have on us. I'm not talking about romantic relationships, but instead about family and friends. I was talking with a friend who had a lot of school work to do, but instead of studying one night she stayed up till 2 am talking with her roommate. She asked me if she should've studied and gone to bed instead. After thinking about it, I realized that I think building relationships with those around you is really much more important than a grade you get on a test or an extra $9/hr you make. Yes, you need to study and make money, but when it comes down to it, what we'll take with us are the relationships we make with others.

Me and some of my awesome roommates (missing Derek and Andy)
I've known these fellas for quite some time, and I promise that BYU wouldn't be the same without them. In fact, I don't think I'd be the same without them *insert cliche Wicked song*. 

President's Day
For President's day what did we do? We held an election, to my left and right are the candidates, and I was the debate moderator. These are some pretty funny cats. 

High School buds
In high school we were known as PB&J (double J), 4 da Ladies, or just Jeff, Paul, Brian, and Jesse. This Christmas break we were able to all see each other for the first time in four years. It was so awesome seeing them again. 

Model EU

Seattle!
University of Washington
#rockedit

This weekend I had the amazing opportunity to go to the Model EU and represent România (obvs) on fiscal policy. It's been something that is definitely out of my comfort zone, but one that I'm so glad I did because I got to meet all of these awesome people. There's something about traveling with people that helps you to get to know people...really well...and really fast. I'll fill up an entire blog post about this trip, but I just wanted to mention how fun it was to spend the weekend with my team and to meet other college students from throughout the country. 

Take the next couple of minutes to go and talk to someone, someone you're close with, someone you used to be close with, someone you want to know better. Take the time to build relationships. It's helped me to realize what life is really about and to keep "the broader perspective." It's so easy, especially in college, to get caught up in the little things and to shut people off-but what does that really accomplish? Take the time to build relationships and you'll feel so much love and help others to feel it also, it'll put a smile on your face. 

Comments

Popular Posts